Sunday, March 15, 2015

Book 12

Book 12 World's Greatest Sleuth by Steve Hockensmith

In this book, Otto and Gustav are attending the World's Fair in Chicago.  There is a contest to crown the World's Greatest Sleuth now that Holmes has gone over the falls.  I have to say that I checked this one out from the library a couple of years ago and renewed it 3 times without finishing it.   Just a few weeks ago, I pulled it out again.  It's been enough years since it came out, with no other Amlingmeyer books following it, that I was pretty sure this would be the final installment of the Holmes on the Range Series.  The whole series is goofy and funny, the mysteries themselves are not rocket surgery.  I found this final installment though to be extra goofy and the mystery to be far less compelling.  Ultimately, there were just a lot of elaborate shenanigans and hijinx.  I was glad for the ending the brothers got, but I suppose I could have just read the first 3 and last 3 chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment