Thursday, December 10, 2009

Go Me!

Wow, I just posted that blank. I clicked too soon. I know, it happens to lots of bloggers. We can try again in 30 minutes.

I wanted to catalog some of the things I've learned this year. In reverse order:

I learned the Norwegian Purl this week during a run of Three Snowdays. I'm still quite slow at it, but I think it may become my preferred purl method.

I learned to purl without twisting my stitches. (Yes, I didn't realize I was twisting my purls until now. It's hard to be left handed. Many, many 'teachers' believe the solution to all my knitting problems is for me to just knit right handed. Those bitches can suck it.)

I learned to use a cable needle when I did a spiral rib!

I made a hat!

I learned I prefer 2 circulars to DPNs.

I blocked!

I kitchenered. Yuck. Do not love.

I did applied i-cord bind off!

I learned to pick up and knit stitches!

I learned to knit a flat piece in the round!

I learned to bind off and cast on in the middle of projects!

I learned the crochet cast on!

I learned the long-tail cast on! I was using an e-wrap until this year. Sad, but true.

I learned short rows!

Professionally, financially, and personally this year has been hard and long and unpleasant. Many times, the only thing I have felt successful at has been knitting. So in that way, it has keep me from getting drawn into a downward spiral. Thanks be to yarn.

Also, I am pretty sure I will not be reading 4 books in the next 21 days before the end of the year. I am not quitting, but I am ok with not making the goal. I did at least learn to quit before finishing books that are neither enjoyable nor educational.

No comments:

Post a Comment