Saturday, March 7, 2009

Another Finished Object



This is the Calorimetry I knitted last weekend! It is made of Patons Chunky Shetland on some Addi Turbos in size 8. Very slick needles, nice join. It has two buttons that I found in the scrapbooking section of Slobby Lobby. Yes, the best buttons are not anywhere near the sewing stuff.

Even though I used a chunkier yarn than the pattern called for, I used the same size needle and got just a fraction of a stitch more in my 4 inch swatch. Many, many of the ravelry posters stated this comes out huge if you cast on 120 stitches as recommended. I did 100 since I generally find all women's hats too small for me. I should have gone for 92. The 2 buttons are how I snugged it up a bit.

This was as close to instant gratification as knitting gets. It is also much cuter than my hideous earflap hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment