Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Not So G8 Akshully

I own about 1 gajillion books and over the last decade I have gotten squeezed out of more than half of all available shelf space in my house. As a result, I have about 8 boxes of books that I periodically rummage through looking for one single tome. You know how that ends? I only sometimes find that book but I always find at least 2 other relevant to my reading mood. I am reading Two Guys Read Jane Austen (funny and wise) and wanted to pull out my favorite Austen: Sense and Sensibility. Instead I found Emma, Pride and Prejudice, Northanger Abbey and Mansfield Park. Also, a volume of letters between Austen and her sister. There are still a couple of boxes to look through and several nooks where I have stacked books. What I really need to do is go through the whole whizbang with someone along to hold my hand and be stern with me while I purge. It would help if it was someone suitably burly who would cart them down to the trunk of my car. I wonder if Clooney is available?

Oh, and I have to meet with my boss's-boss's-boss's-boss today. This means a shirt with a collar, and not swearing. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment