Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Past Performance Is Not A Guarantee of Future Returns

I certainly have a lot to say this week. Don't take this as a sign that I will write regularly.

I never did hear back from the person who posted about Karma on Craigslist. I suppose it is too much to hope for that they were overwhelmed by a tidal wave of awesome. My karma remains much the same.

I am going to start tagging all book posts with the 52books tag.

Adrian McKinty. His first novel, Dead I Well May Be, was my favorite read of 2006. Yes, it came out in 2004, but I don't get out much. I cannot recall how I came across it. He has a nice blog entry today about how his book was endorsed by Frank McCourt. About the book-- a great tale of violent revenge which is also laced with creative profanity and garnished with a wee bit of sex.

Regarding the late Frank McCourt-- Angela's Ashes is perhaps the saddest family story I've read since Jude the Obscure. (Because we are to meny.) Frank's first book about his youth is packed with a lot of tragedy. Proceed with caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment